I am a firm believer that to achieve the best tasting cakes, the freshest and highest quality ingredients have to be used.
I use those produced locally and organic and fairtrade wherever possible.
Some of the lovely ingredients I use include:
- Free range eggs from local Cotswold farms
- Local farmhouse butter made from double cream
- Organic flours from local Cotswold Millers
- Fairtrade cane sugars
- Organic preserves
- Dried vien fruits that do not contain sulphites
- Finest Belgian chocolate
I’m a huge fan of the more traditional fillings and flavour combinations but feel free to mix and match the below cake flavours, conserves/ fillings and buttercreams to create your own personal favourites.
- Madagascan Vanilla
- Lemon & Elderflower
- Belgian Chocolate
- Red Velvet
- Carrot & Pecan
- Espresso Coffee & Walnut
- Sticky Toffee
- Rich Celebration Fruit Cake laced with Brandy
Preserves & Fillings
- Raspberry Conserve
- Strawberry Conserve
- Morello Cherry Conserve
- Strawberry & Champagne Conserve
- Fig Conserve
- Lemon Curd
- Salted Caramel
- Chocolate & Hazelnut
- Madagascan Vanilla
- Belgian Chocolate
- Belgian Chocolate Orange
- White Belgian Chocolate
- Lemon Curd
- Lemon & Elderflower
- Orange Zest
- Espresso Coffee
- Salted Caramel
- Pink Champagne
Allergy Info: all cakes and favours are made in an environment where nuts may be present and so are not suitable for anyone with a nut allergy. All flavours can be made gluten-free if required, making them suitable for clients with a gluten intolerance. However, cakes are made in an environment where gluten is used and so are not suitable for anyone with a gluten allergy. Eggless and dairy free cakes are not currently catered for.
All of my sugar decorations are made by hand, which means that almost anything is possible when it comes to adorning your cake.
Sugar flowers can be created to replicate your real wedding flowers. Other sugar decorations can be created to match a particular theme and can be the perfect shade to co-ordinate with your colour scheme.
The cake portion guide below shows the approximate number of portions a single tier round or square cake will provide.
Cakes are approximatley 4.5″ deep and the below serving guide is based on cakes being cut into 1″ x 1″ pieces (finger portions) or 2″ x 1″ pieces (dessert portions). Please add together tier sizes to work out how many portions a wedding cake will serve.
|Size||Round (finger portions)||Square (finger portions)||Round (dessert portions)||Square (dessert portions)|
As all cakes are bespoke, accurate prices can only be given on an individual basis. Prices vary greatly depending on the size of the cake and the intricacy of the decoration. Please refer to the galleries for a price indication of the designs featured and do get in touch if you would like a personalised quotation for a specific design.
The guide below shows starting prices for tiered cakes. Each standard tier is approximately 4.5″ deep and comprises of 4 layers of sponge and 3 layers of filling. Fondant iced cakes are coated in a layer of Belgian white chocolate ganache before being covered in the finest Swiss fondant, for a perfect finish.
Please note there is a minimum order charge of £250, excluding delivery and set up.
- 2 tier wedding cakes starts from £270 for a naked/ semi naked cake and £300 for an iced cake (55 finger portions/ 32 dessert portions)
- 3 tier wedding cakes starts from £325 for a naked/ semi naked cake and £370 for an iced cake (70 finger portions/ 40 dessert portions)
- 4 tier wedding cakes starts from £420 for a naked/ semi naked cake and £485 for an iced cake (130 finger portions/ 80 dessert portions)
- Regular Wedding cupcakes start from £3 each. Minimum order of 12 per flavour and in batches of 12.
- Mini wedding cupcakes start from £2 each. Minimum order of 24 per flavour and in batches of 24.
- Modelled figures start from £60 for a bride and groom
- Wedding favour biscuits start from £2.50 each, including a presentation bag and ribbon (minimum order 12)
- Wedding favour macaroons start from £3 each, including a presentation bag and ribbon (minimum order 24)
- Cake pops start from £3 each, including a clear celophane wrapper and ribbon (minimum order 12)
Planning your wedding cake is really exciting but with so many options it can also feel like quite a daunting task! Here are some key considerations:
- What type of wedding are you having? Traditional, contemporary, vintage or is there a specific theme?
- How many guests do you need the cake to serve? Will it be a dessert, served at the end of the meal with coffee or served in the evening?
- Do you want to keep the top tier for a first wedding anniversary or christening?
- What flavours do you like? It’s nice to offer guests a selection by having a few different flavours.
- It’s also worth considering the time of year – fresh, fruity and light cakes may be good for a summer wedding and heavier chocolate and fruit cakes for a winter wedding.
- What shape? Round and square tend to be the most popular cake shapes but heart, petal, hexagonal or oval can all make for a unique design. Double height or half height tiers can also add to a designs impact.
- Would you like tiers stacked directly on top of one another? Or perhaps one or more tiers blocked with fresh or sugar flowers?
- What decorations would you like? Fresh or sugar flowers? Lace or piped detail? Or perhaps a bespoke bride and groom?
- Will you need to hire a stand?
- Will you require set up and delivery?
The ideal way to design your perfect wedding cake is to start with a consultation and tasting session – up to 4 different flavours can be selected for the bride and groom to sample.
Consultations are complimentary and take place in my kitchen studio. Consultation days are generally held once a month on a Saturday although it may be possible to make an evening appointment if preferred. You will be able to view some of my display cakes before we discuss design ideas for your own wedding cake. Up to 4 different flavours can be selected for the bride and groom to sample. Please do bring along anything that may inspire your cake design such as images you have collected, your wedding stationery, a picture of your wedding dress and wedding flowers or fabric/ colour swatches. After the consultation I will email you quotations for the design ideas discussed, giving you the time and space to decide whether you would like to proceed with an order.
Please kindly note, quotations will lapse if not accepted within 14 days of sending and the wedding date will no longer be held. A booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment has been received.
Every cake is made to order with the utmost care and attention. My policy is to never overbook so that the quality of my work is not compromised.
I recommend a minimum of 6 months notice for wedding cakes and wedding favours. However, during peak season (April to September) it’s advisable to place your order as early as possible.
I will always do my best to accommodate orders at short notice, if I have availability!
I offer personal delivery and ‘set up’ of wedding cakes on the day of your wedding, at your venue.
I frequently deliver to venues throughout Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties. Delivery is charged per mile and the set up cost is determined by the time needed to assemble the cake. Please get in touch for a quotation. Alternatively you are welcome to collect your cake from my kitchen. If the cake is collected, Cake by Rachel will provide transport, assembly and storage instructions where necessary. Please note that once collected, full responsibility for the safety of the cake lies with the client, Cake by Rachel is not liable for any damage to the cake once it has left the premises.
I have a variety of specialist wedding cake stands, cupcake stands and vintage ‘tea party’ style stands that can be hired. Please note that cake stands are only available for hire if ordered with a cake.
Stand hire is charged at £20 for a 3 day period, a £50 holding deposit is also required and will be refunded once the stand is returned undamaged. Alternatively, I can also offer a collection service from your venue for an additional charge.
A 50% non refundable deposit is required to confirm all orders. The remaining balance is payable 2 weeks prior to delivery or collection of the cake. For any order placed with less than 2 weeks notice, the full amount is due on order confirmation.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. If paying by cheque or bank transfer, the payment must have cleared before the cake is delivered or collected.
Please kindly note, a booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment has been received.
I will make every effort to accommodate late amendments to orders wherever possible but this cannot be guaranteed.
Any alterations to the original order must be confirmed in writing, if the changes affect the cost then the balance will be adjusted accordingly.
In the event of cancellation, you may be charged for any work already completed.