I am a firm believer that to achieve the best tasting cakes, the freshest and highest quality ingredients have to be used.
Some of the lovely ingredients I use include:
- Real butter
- Free range eggs
- Luxury jams and curds
- Vanilla bean paste
- Fairtrade cane sugars
- Belgian chocolate
- Finest Swiss fondant icing
At Cake by Rachel all cakes are baked from scratch, to order, using only the finest quality ingredients which ensures they taste as good as they look!
Each tier of a wedding cake is made up of 4 layers of sponge and 3 layers of filling such as buttercream and preserves. All iced cakes are encased in a layer of Belgian white chocolate ganache before being covered with delicious Swiss fondant icing to ensure a flawless and crisp finish.
Vanilla bean sponge layered with raspberry or strawberry preserve and vanilla bean buttercream.
Zesty lemon sponge infused with lemon syrup and layered with tangy lemon or passionfruit curd and lemon buttercream.
Lemon & Elderflower
Zesty lemon sponge infused with lemon & elderflower syrup and layered with lemon & elderflower buttercream.
Rich Belgian chocolate cake with Belgian chocolate buttercream. Try adding layers of chocolate & hazelnut ganache, Cherry preserve or salted caramel sauce.
Belgian Chocolate Orange
Rich Belgian chocolate cake, layered with Belgian chocolate orange buttercream.
Belgian White Chocolate
Vanilla bean sponge layered with raspberry preserve and creamy Belgian white chocolate buttercream.
Caramel sponge layered with sweet & salty caramel sauce and traditional buttercream.
Sticky toffee sponge based on the traditional pudding recipe made with dates and walnuts, layered with salted caramel sauce and salted caramel buttercream.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate
Golden and creamy peanut sponge, layered with peanut butter and chocolate & peanut buttercream.
Carrot & Pecan
Spiced carrot & pecan cake layered with creamy vanilla bean buttercream.
Coffee & Walnut
Espresso coffee sponge with walnuts, layered with rich espresso buttercream.
Buttery almond sponge layered with cherry preserve and almond buttercream.
Traditional Fruit Cake
A rich fruit cake laced with brandy, baked at least 3 months in advance to allow for maturing and covered with a delicious layer of white marzipan.
Allergy Info: All products are made in an environment where gluten (wheat), eggs, milk, nuts, peanuts, soya, sesame & sulphur dioxide (sulphites) may be present and therefore may contain these allergens. Please do make me aware of any guests with intolerances or allergies and every effort will be made to reduce cross contamination. All flavours can be made with gluten-free flour and without nuts (where applicable) if required but due to the nature of the kitchen these cannot be guaranteed to be risk free. Eggless and dairy free cakes are not currently catered for.
All of my sugar decorations are made by hand, which means that almost anything is possible when it comes to adorning your cake.
Sugar flowers can be created to replicate your real wedding flowers. Other sugar decorations can be created to match a particular theme and can be the perfect shade to co-ordinate with your colour scheme.
The cake portion guide below shows the approximate number of portions a single tier round or square cake will provide.
Cakes are approximatley 4.5″ deep and the below serving guide is based on cakes being cut into 1″ x 1″ pieces (finger portions) or 2″ x 1″ pieces (dessert portions). Please add together tier sizes to work out how many portions a wedding cake will serve.
|Size||Round (finger portions)||Square (finger portions)||Round (dessert portions)||Square (dessert portions)|
As all cakes are bespoke, accurate prices can only be given on an individual basis. Prices vary depending on the size of the cake and the intricacy of the decoration. Please click on any of the images in the galleries and prices will be shown for the design featured. Do get in touch if you would like a personalised quotation for a specific design.
The guide below shows starting prices for tiered cakes. All tiers are approximately 4.5″ high and made up of 4 layers of sponge and 3 layers of filling. Fondant iced cakes are covered with a thin layer of Belgian white chocolate ganache before being covered with the finest Swiss fondant icing for a crisp and flawless finish.
- 2 tier wedding cakes (from 30 finger portions) start from £300.00 for a naked/ semi naked cake, £320.00 for a buttercream covered cake and £360.00 for a fondant iced cake.
- 3 tier wedding cakes (from 70 finger portions) start from £400.00 for a naked/ semi naked cake, £425.00 for a buttercream covered cake and £495.00 for a fondant iced cake.
- 4 tier wedding cakes (from 130 finger portions) start from £495.00 for a naked/ semi naked cake, £550.00 for a buttercream covered cake and £645.00 for a fondant iced cake.
- Regular Wedding cupcakes start from £3.50 each. Minimum order of 12 per flavour and in batches of 12.
- Mini wedding cupcakes start from £2.50 each. Minimum order of 24 per flavour and in batches of 24.
- Macarons start from £1.50 each. Minimum order of 24 per flavour and in batches of 24.
- Cookies start from £3.00 each. Minimum order 12 per flavour and in batches of 12.
- Cake pops start from £3.00 each. Minimum order of 12 per flavour and in batches of 12.
**Please kindly note, there is a minimum spend of £300.00, excluding cake stand hire and delivery & set up charges.**
Planning your wedding cake is really exciting but with so many options it can also feel like quite a daunting task! Here are some key considerations:
- What is the ‘feel’ of your wedding day? Classical, contemporary, vintage, rustic, romantic or is there a specific theme?
- How many guests do you need the cake to serve? Will it be the main dessert? Served at the end of the meal with coffee or served in the evening?
- Do you want to keep the top tier for a first wedding anniversary or christening?
- What flavours do you like? It’s nice to offer guests a selection by having a few different flavours.
- It’s also worth considering the time of year – fresh, fruity and light cakes may be good for a summer wedding and heavier chocolate, sticky toffee and fruit cakes for a winter wedding.
- What shape? Round tiers tend to be the most popular but square, heart, petal, hexagonal or oval can all make for a unique design. Double height or half height tiers can also add to a designs impact.
- Would you like tiers stacked directly on top of one another? Or perhaps one or more tiers blocked with fresh or sugar flowers?
- What decorative details do you like? Fresh or sugar flowers? Lace or piped detailing? Add some sparkle with edible sequins or glitter? Or texture with stencils or a marble effect?
- Will you need to hire a stand?
- Will you require set up and delivery of the cake and on your wedding day?
The ideal way to design your perfect wedding cake is to start with a consultation and tasting session – up to 4 different flavours can be selected for the bride and groom to sample.
Consultations generally last around an hour, they are complimentary and take place in my purpose built kitchen studio. Consultation days are usually held on a Saturday (outside of peak wedding season) although it’s often possible to make a week day or evening appointment if preferred. You will be able to view some of my display cakes before we discuss design ideas for your own wedding cake. Up to 4 different flavours can be selected for the bride and groom to sample.
Please do bring along anything that may inspire your cake design such as images you have collected, your wedding stationery, a picture of your wedding dress and wedding flowers or fabric/ colour swatches. After the consultation I will email you quotations for the design ideas discussed, giving you the time and space to decide whether you would like to proceed with an order.
Please kindly note, quotations will lapse if not accepted within 14 days of sending and the wedding date will no longer be held. A booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment has been received.
Every cake is made to order with the utmost care and attention. My policy is to never overbook so that the quality of my work is not compromised.
I recommend a minimum of 8 months notice for wedding cakes. However, during peak season (April to September) it’s advisable to place your order as early as possible, some popular dates such as bank holidays get booked up 2 years in advance!
I will always do my best to accommodate orders at short notice, if I have availability.
I offer personal delivery and ‘set up’ of wedding cakes on the day of your wedding, at your venue.
I frequently deliver to venues throughout Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties. Delivery is charged at 50p per mile for the round trip, please get in touch for a quotation. Alternatively you are welcome to collect your cake from my kitchen. If the cake is collected, Cake by Rachel will provide transport, assembly and storage instructions where necessary. Please note that once collected, full responsibility for the safety of the cake lies with the client, Cake by Rachel is not liable for any damage to the cake once it has left the premises.
I have a variety of pretty wedding cake stands, cupcake stands and vintage style stands that can be hired.
Stand hire is charged at £20 for a 3 day period. A security bond is also required in case of loss or damage and will be refunded once the stand is returned. Alternatively, I can also offer a collection service from your venue for an additional charge.
Please note that cake stands are only available to hire if ordered with a cake.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm all orders. The remaining balance is payable 4 weeks prior to delivery or collection of the cake. For any order placed with less than 4 weeks notice, the full amount is due on order confirmation.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or by debit/ credit card through PayPal. The payment must have cleared before the cake is delivered or collected.
Please kindly note, a booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment has been received.
I will make every effort to accommodate late amendments to orders wherever possible but this cannot be guaranteed.
Any alterations to the original order must be confirmed in writing, if the changes affect the cost then the balance will be adjusted accordingly.